Monday, 19 March 2012

Bridal Vintage inspiration.. I do...




I am very lucky to be a bridesmaid for my best friends up and coming wedding in September this year & for someone who has never been into the whole white dress/church thing I find myself constantly looking at dresses/table decor/invitations etc!!! 

The venue for the wedding is a FAB castle in Ireland (don't want to give too much away), when I think castle I think vintage. So below are a few of my own vintage ideas. 

1920's is an era I much love; lace, flapper dresses, sleek bobbed hair, subtle makeup, pearl necklaces, and cloche hats, therefore this is where I have plucked my dress ideas from!!

I thought I would share a few of my ideas for a vintage style wedding... I'd love to hear what y'all think...

Lets go head to toe....

HAIR:
I think no matter the dress style you can still add your own era to your wedding by the type of hairstyle and accessory you wear... I received a headpiece as a gift from this designer a couple of years ago and I fell in love. Loraine is an Irish designer from my native Kildare and I'm sure you will want to check out her facebook after feasting your eyes on these pieces.






1920's Hair - the finger wave... 



Hair & hairpiece together


FACE
When I think of vintage makeup the first person that comes to mind is the stunning Dita Von Tesse. Her heavy lined eyes, tiny dark lips and bright cheeks scream 1920's.

Im no expert on the how to's of vintage makeup YET but I do know light foundation, power, black liner and red lippy are a must.

DRESS
The gorgeous Ms Hepburn
Here are a few of my dress ideas!!
Ready for the Charleston
Vintage Style Wedding Dresses Mermaid

WEDDING DECOR: 
Every morning I walk by a flower shop which sells birdcages and i just love how vintage they look and after  a bit of reserach they seem to be a popular centerpiece. 




any doilies nan?

 "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different" Coco Chanel

Happy shopping to all the brides to be out there :) & thanks for reading x 

If you like what you have read/seen here check out my more recent posts on bridal vintage here and here!!

5 comments:

  1. Come be my wedding planner please lol. Such beautiful things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just fab... I'm in love with birdcages as centre pieces!!! thanks hun xx

      Delete
  2. Love Lorraine Domican's stuff! Think it must have been you who recommended her to me on the blather cause I went onto her fbook page after that-am considering buying a really stunning headpiece for a family wedding in Sept. She has such beautiful designs. That Dior make up is stunning and I love the birdcages! Great post, you should take up wedding planning for a living! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ceecee ye i think that was me, I think he stuff is just gorg, I want to do a millinary course after looking at how beautiful original stuff can be!!!

      Delete
  3. I love your dress ideas, where is the photo of the the sheath dress with the split cap sleeves (the woman in front of the windows) from? And the birdcages! Fab idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!