Saturday, 28 April 2012

Music Therapy - Biffy Clyro - Machines



I cant believe I've been blogging for well over a month and haven't mentioned once my love for all things music.


I consider myself to pretty cool(ish) with my music taste, I'm not a rhi rhi and britney kinda gal, but I do have a few guilty pleasures (the Saturdays which me & my good friend Claire dance like idiots too after one or ten bevvys)


If I had to describe my taste in music it would be indie rock. Prob more on the rock side of that equation though. However I'm a huge fan of old school tunage too.


I flipping love bands like Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Stereophonics, Snow Patrol, The Clash, Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, The Courteeners, Miles Kane, Bloc Party, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash.


I've decided I'm gonna start featuring songs of the day or week (not sure yet) and hopefully you will hear something you like & maybe you will repay the favour with some suggestions for me!!


Song 1: 
If you were to ask me my favourite band of all time - Biffy Clyro - no hesitation at all... If I'm speaking to someone who doesn't know who Biffy are my jaw nearly hits the floor. However I have come to realise that most people wont know them as they aren't quiet mainstream. Well if you do know Biffy Clyro then here they are (ladies who love beards prepare your dribblers)
Ben Johnston, Simon Neil, James Johnston
I first discovered Biffy while they were supporting Bloc Party and it was love at first listen. 
I am now what you can class as obsessed with them. I'm particularly in love with the fabulous bearded man that is Simon Neil! (om nom nom nom nom)




 Their music has meaning to each and every song. My personal favourite 'machines' - feast your ears to this ladies and gents at high volume..




I'm so obsessed with this song I went and drew up a design for myself and got it tattooed on my side. (oh ye I'm obsessed with tattoos too but we'll speak about that another day)


months of work & thoughts went into this
Excuse the rawness but this was taken just after it was done!!!
Lyrics to Machines from the album Puzzle
Think my level of love for the band can be seen in the above photo!!! There are plans for more lyrical tattoos but I shall not devulge any secrets yet!!!


Well anywhooo I'll stop rabitting on and let y'all have a listen!! I really hope you enjoy this song as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!!!