Wednesday, 16 May 2012

New Job Reactions

I've been neglecting my b=poor lil blog of late due to a house move and starting a new job, so its been pretty hectic.

I got kinda curious as to how y'all react/act when you start a new job??

Businessman Elephant Clipart Image: A cartoon elepant waving and holding a briefcase

I started a new job last week, which I was majorly excited for. I got the email with details of induction etc, howver the one thing that go me into a bit of a tizzy was 'smart/casual' wear..... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH what if my idea of smart/casual is completely different from the powers above.

Once you get over the hurdle of deciding what to wear, you have the anxious journey that allows plenty of time for your 'whats if'.
  • What if I'm crap at this job
  • What if I hate it
  • What if I make no friends
  • What if I've made a huge mistake leaving the comfort of my old job
  • What if I spill coffee down my dress and look like a dick for the day
Once I've settled myself with the help of my 'chill' playlist its that walking into the new workplace with your head held high pretending you are the most confident person in the world. Suss out who looks like a 'normal' person and sit beside them for induction, and try to remember that everyone in this room is in the same boat!

Then comes lunch time, you can't leave as their is only time for a quick sambo... Yikes do you cling to the person you sat beside or do you hang out in the corner eating your sambo and capri sun!!!
Lucky for me, the people either side of me were really normal and nice :) But then I found out that they were working in diff parts of the olympics therefore I would have to do all of this again when I was at my new office the next day...

Holy moley, I'm evening sweating a bit now thinking I dont want to have to do that again for a while!!
I'm sure some of you may be reading this thinking I'm so irratic crazy lady, IM NOT!!! I just get a bit anxious in new situations!!! I'm by no means shy or quiet, thats why I wonder why I panic and get so nervous on my first day @ a new job.

Am I alone in this or are any of y'all in the same boat for new jobs??

Có xx

2 comments:

  1. Fair play, new job nerves tend to last a few months for me until I settle down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! You'll settle in fine :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!