Saturday, 12 May 2012

Who is Oscar Wells

I felt it was about time I let y'all who take the time out of your day to read my blog just who I am!!!


When I started this blog a couple of months a go, I dunno why, but I was a bit apprehensive about putting up my photo and name etc. But now the time has come mainly due to me feeling that you should know who you are reading!


Introductions first:


Hi my name is Cólleen - pronounced Co-Lean, NOT Col-leen (i will correct you if you say it wrong), but most of my friends/acquaintances shorten it to Có & Cól. If you not Irish then you prob wont know what the'accent' over the o is for, well its called a fada, and it elongates the sound of the word! 


Who am I?


I am 26, born and bred in County Kildare, Ireland, right on the edge of the Curragh. 
I currently live in London with my gorg BF, and at present I work for LOCOG (olympics).
I studied Health, Fitness & Leisure in IT Tralee and graduated in 2008. 


What am I passionate about?


My long term career objective is to work in the disability sector, in particular disability sport. 


However I am also very passionate about music, fashion and more recently makeup. These three things will be the main features in this blog, and I hope you enjoy reading about them!! 


Also a huge GAA fan, Up the Moores,  prob the thing I will miss the most this summer, but I'm sure the olympics will keep me busy!!


What have I to show for my 26 years?


I can safely say that I have the most amazing family and group of friends I could ever want. Although my circle of friends are spread out all around the world at the moment, they still remain as close to me as ever!!
As i mentioned above I graduated in 2008 and since then I have holidayed in Thailand, lived & traveled Australia for 9 months, lived in Alaska for 3 months, and had jobs in between all of that!!!


Why did I start this blog?


Up until a few months ago the blogging world was completely unknown to me, until I started checking out blogs from the lovely ladies in beaut.ie and kinda got inspired from there!!! I'm not sure what I'm hoping to achieve out of this blog, or what to do with it, all I know is that I really enjoy writing and sharing with you. Thanks so much for reading, and I hope I can keep you entertained!!

Where did the blog name come from?


My BF calls me Oscar when I'm a bit grouchy, and the name of the street we lived on in the first house was Wells Drive so I threw them together. Oscar the grouch lives in a tin bin so it only seemed logical that that would be the title of the blog!!


Bye Bye!!!


Ok so ye thats me, Cant think of much else to tell y'all, but sure look if there is anything I missed, give me a tweet and Ill be sure to answer coco_oscarwells!!


Ill stick a pic of myself up when I find my camera charger :)


Oh also feel free to let me know who you are!!


Có xx





5 comments:

  1. nice intro! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks xx will have a look @ your blog a lil later!!

      Delete
  2. sounds great :) and it's a good decision to start blogging.
    haha I had to giggle a bit when I read about your nickname. :) so cute :D

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks, i swear im not usually grouchy hehe!!! xx

      will check urs out x

      Delete
  3. Missed this over the weekend, it's great! I've been thinking the same about mine, I started it and didn't want 'me' out there, I'm thinking of moving to wordpress or blogger and changing the format of my blog, but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to do it!! x

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!