Sunday, 24 June 2012

Caviar Nails

I'm sure a lot of you will know what caviar nails are if you regularly follow blogs, but for those of you who don't the easiest explanation is 100's and 1000's on your nails.

I was very eager to give it a go, but instead of paying £18 odd for the ciate 'balls' I saw a link on someones blog (really sorry that I can't remember who you are,tell me if you are they mystery person) for these 'balls' on ebay. You get 18 small jars filled with different colour balls (hehehe i cant stop sniggering!). They are cheap as chips and arrived fairly pronto. Link here!



I followed the tutorial given by the lovely Cherry Sue over on beaut.ie which you can have a goo at here. If you haven't seen Cherry Sue's blog, head over an have a goo at that too cause its amazing!!


I picked out the silver, navy and pink and mixed them up together. I used 312 Indigo Barry M polish as my undercoat and 54 Clear Barry M polish as the top coat. I also used a my dotting tools that I also got on ebay a few months ago to tidy up the nails!!


 

Ok before anybody starts criticising my attempt, let me reiterate this was my first attempt so feck off, hehe!!!






Ok my first thoughts upon finishing them are ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh pretty, and ugh I'm gonna have to hoover again!!! Do not, and I repeat DO NOT try and do this in a rush, you will make a complete balls (see what I did there!!) of it. I rushed the first one cause i was so excited and had to redo! Mine are in no way perfect but if you look at them from a distance they do look pretty cool!!! I will defo do these again, I think they are great for a night out if you want your nails to look at little different. I'm not sure if I put enough top coat on so I shall report back as to how long they last!!

Have any of you done these nails yet, are you loving or hating them?

I really just want an ice cream with 100's and 1000's on it now!!

Có xx

7 comments:

  1. The colour combination works so well, it looks gorgeous! I want to try it out soon when I'm not in work, they'd go flying like mad otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks chloe, ye wait till a weekend day to try em!!

      Delete
  2. They look fab! Thanks for the shout out too, that's really appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your very welcome :) i wouldnt of had a clue how to do them if it wasnt for you! x

      Delete
  3. Oh these look so cool! I am such an idiot when it comes to nails. I cant even paint my nails without making a mess ha. Because of years of biting my nails I never really bothered with them. But I am now growing them out with the help of kisses no more biting preventer! Taste disgusting so it really works. I might have to give this a whirl. I really enjoy your blog by the way :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh martina that stuff is rank, the BF has it at the moment and keeps sticking his fingers in my gob cause he thinks its funny how much i gag with the taste of it!!
    Thank you so much for reading btw x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fab! :) Will be interesting to see how long they last!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!