Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Kissable Lips - Nivea, Carmex, Figs n Rouge, Yankee Candle, Vaseline

My name is Cólleen & I'm a lipbalm-aholic...


With this mental weather at the moment my lips have been having a hard old time of it so I thought I'd share with you all what I'm using to keep my lips in tip top shape...

I have a bit of a problem with lip balms as you may have guessed with the above comment, I like to have a lip balm or two for every bag, if I don't have one I feel a bit nakey!!! I don't believe in buying 'high end' lip balms as they are so easily lost, and the 'high street' ones are great @ affordable prices. I warn you now that I don't have the exact prices for a lot of these but I'm 100% that they are in the £/€2 - £/€5 max.

So here's whats floating about in my handbags/pockets/bedside locker.

1. Nivea Hydro Care
I got this off my mam at Christmas as part of a nivea gift set. It is a twisty action (like lipstick). Hydrocare is a mix of 'aloe vera and water which is designed to provide intensive and long lasting moisturisation'.
I love this, so handy to throw in your bag or pocket, smells and feels lovely on your lips!! Also the lid has a good holding power so it won't fall off in your bag resulting in bag fluff sticking to it (VOM)..

2/3. Strawberry and Cherry Moisturising Lip Balm
Carmex is prob my favourite lip balm. I love the smell of it, even the original one. It comes in a pot or the squeezy tube. I prefer the squeezy ones cause they are handier and you don't get sticky fingers. If you are someone who doesnt like strong smells these are prob not for you but if you're like me and love fruity smells, these are yummy!! The only thing I would warn you about with carmex is your lips can become depandent on it, ie if you wear it a lot then stop your lips will chap. OMG nearly forget to tell you all it has SPF 15 which is really good!! Don't want crispy lips... (eww just got a little bit sick in my mouth at the thoughts of that)
Carmex gel 'allieviates lip roughness and replaces moisture lost from wind, sun and dry air'

4. Yankee Candle Vanilla Cupcake Lipbalm
I saw this on a few different blogs and was very intrigued as I flipping LOVE yankee candles. If you don't have a clue what Yankee Candles are you need to get yourself down to a gift store and have a sniff. I got this off this ebay seller for £3.99 including postage and packaging. It contains SPF 15 and smells of vanilla cupcake, m y mouth is watering even thinking about it!!! These lip balms contain 'beeswax, vit E, rosemary, and hemp seed oil to nourish and moisturise your lips'. This only arrived in the post today so I haven't tested it yet, but the smell and look alone are enough for me atm!!! Ah the little things!!

5. Nivea Essential Care
This is very similar to the other Nivea mentioned above packaging wise, its a twisty stick action, and lid will def not open the door for bag fluff!! Essential Care is 'enriched with jojoba oil and natural shea butter, that helps prevent moisture loss'. I LOVE this lip balm, it does what it says on the tin essentially. Its cheap, no fuss, nice smell, nice texture on the lips. I would never be without one. It also lasts for agessssssssssssssssssss.

6. Vaseline Lip Therapy
Lets face it Vaseline was invented around the same time as the wheel and its up there with sliced pan. I'm pretty sure there are tins floating around in old school bags in the Mammys house!!! I have a routine of putting this on every night before I get in to the leaba (bed as gaeilge) an it ensures I don't wake up with dry lips. As we all know it can be used for any dry skin and various other things on the body, it also comes in a huge variety; strawberry, aloe ver, cocoa butter, and SPF 15 (the yellow one). You cant go wrong with a tin of Vaseline!!!

7. Figs and Rouge Balm
I got this little beaut in my Glossy Box a couple of months back, and have to say I really love the packaging. As for the content, not so keen, mainly due to the strong smell of it. I got the rambling rose one which is just a wee bit too overpowering. I have been using it tho and it is really good (if you can get past the smell), if lips are sore it sorts them out straight away. This does double up as a body balm and works a treat on really dry patches. According to Figs and Rouge 'this elegant balm provides a delicious and intense moisture boost'. However it does tend to get very liquidy when in anywhere that's a bit hot so it might beware you don't take have the tin out. I will repurchase this but in a different flavour (scent?).

Well that's all I've got for you today, but if any of you have an amazing lip balm I would love to know so I can add to my collection PLEASEEEEEEEE....!!!!!

Có x

11 comments:

  1. I need the yankee candle one in my life NOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a bad influence! I've got a million different lip balms (most of them are in the bottom of my handbag right now!) yet I rushed over to ebay and purchased a couple of Yankee candle balms in the middle of reading this post - I didn't even wait for the end! lol! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My very cracked lips mean I need lip balm all the time - I am loving Yankee candle candles so I am going to take a visit to eBay for Yankee candle lip balm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really nice, I used it all day, i wanted to eat it tho!!

      Delete
  4. Yankee Candle balm sounds absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it issssssssssssssssssssssss :) i want another one already!!!

      Delete
  5. I did not know that Yankee Candles excited! Now I want them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek, got so excited that I obviously meant to type Yankee Candle lipbalms! LOL ;)

      Delete
    2. haha thats the way i was when i spotted it :)

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts!!!