Monday, 18 June 2012

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr Review

Just to get you all up to speed with my search for the 'perfect' foundation, well basically I haven't found one (until now she screams). The only one was getting on good with was my Lancome Teint Miracle but this was a shade too dark.

I have been reading everywhere about 'long lasting foundations' and was pretty eager to get my paws on something that wouldn't slide off my face. I bit the bullet and bought Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr a couple of weeks ago.

According to Lancome, Teint Idole 24hr offers a foundation that:
  • is retouch free
  • is long lasting
  • provides a flawless looking and even complexion
  • SHINE FREE (praise the lord) finish!
It will leave your skin feeling smooth and matte without a powdery effect. This foundation comes in 18 shades.

The sales assistant in Boots was really helpful and matched up my colour perfectly. I have shade 010. The cost is £27.00 in Boots, and costs €35.00 in Debenhams (at home).



First lets start with the appearance, cause lets face it when you pay that much for a foundation you don't want it to look like a pound shop job. It comes in a silver box, and a frosted glass effect bottle. Has the usual pump action which means no mess, and also great for controlling the amount you want to use.



I prep my skin with moisturiser and a primer, then use a duo fibre brush to apply this to the skin. It has a pleasant smell which I feel is also quiet important as you don't want a smelly product on your face!!

This foundation offers medium coverage but is also buildable so if you have blemishes like me then it will provide good coverage.

Teint Idole 24hr gives a really nice matte finish, and definitely does not give the appearance of caked on make up.

For any first time or new readers I have combination/oily skin i.e I get oily throughout the day around my nose, eyebrows and chin, therefore it is really important that I have something on my face that will remain transfer and shine free.

I am so happy to say that this foundation is FANTASTIC. I love everything about it. I haven't worn it for 24hours so I can't really vouch for that, but it definitely does last for 12-15hours. I'm pretty sure that my primer may have aided the staying power but that's a minor detail.
If you are someone who likes a 'dewy' finish to their foundation this is probably not for you as it is very matte. I know it may seem like a lot of money @ £27/€35 but I think its definitely worth the money for the finish it gives.

Anyone else using this, or thinking of investing??

Có x




21 comments:

  1. Hun this is my absolute fave foundation im glad you like it :) ...and it smells like roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i thought i was being a weirdo smelling it so yay that I'm not alone :) x

      Delete
    2. no .. youll notice ALL lancome products smell the same ..even mascara

      Delete
    3. I'm gonna go smell my other foundation now :)

      Delete
  2. I have this in Shade 010 too :-) It's my go to foundation,lovely coverage and doesn't dry out my skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the coverage is great, i have quiet redish skin and it tones it down great i find!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. oh it is... maybe chance getting a sample off a nice sales assistant..

      Delete
  4. I've being considering trying this out, so I think I'll definitely give it a go! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so good, I'm delira with it :)

      Delete
  5. It sounds brilliant, if it's pale enough, I'm quite tempted to try it! But I think I should use up my current ones for now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chloe I think there is a one more shade down from mine so unless your transparent which I nearly am then you will find one to suit, well maybe try get a sample until you finish your current one??

      Delete
  6. The Lancome foundations are amazing, I had Teint Miracle and adored it, plus the shade selection is so darn good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ye i think that is what makes it so worth the money, the fact that us pasty irish can actually get a good color match!!

      Delete
  7. My favorite foundation ever, gives me flawless skin without any heaviness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its so light its fantastic, i was worried to get the coverage i wanted that id need a pan stick!! vom!!

      Delete
  8. I will have to go to a lancome counter and ask them out of the two you did a review on which would be best for dry skin because you have me sold on both of them hahaha. Great review and thanks again for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried alot foundations but Lancome Tient Idole Ultra 24hr is by far the BEST foundation I have ever used, I will definitely recommend this foundation.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!