Sunday, 24 June 2012

What I've been reading!!

I was gonna call this summer reading, but with the lack of sunshine it's more like what I'm really with a blanky over me looking out at the rain!!

I love reading and I love recommendations of people. I usually go for crime fiction but do like the odd 'gay' read as me and brother call them such as twilight etc!! I like to read stuff that doesn't require me to think a lot, I want the book to take me away as such, and I have a pretty good imagination so I usually end up being one of the characters!!


I just finished reading Katy Reichs - Spider Bones. She is the lady that inspired the Bones TV series so if your in to all that kind of jazz this will be right up your street. Really enjoyed this book, however I did feel like there could of been another chapter to end it all.

The Simple Truth - David Baldacci is another great crime fiction read. I couldn't get enough of this book, i read it in know time. This author is definitely all he has been blown up to be and more. I can't wait to get more of his stuff!! (sorry i don't have the pic, i like to share my books)

With the huge hype that surrounded it I was desperate to read The Hunger Games Trilogy - Suzanne Collins. I had asked some of the lovely ladies over on Beaut.ie if it was too childish but they all assured me it was a great read. They we not wrong. I really enjoyed the books. I kinda wanted there to be a 4th one!! If you like fantasy reading this will be right up your street. However do be warned it does become slightly addictive and takes over your life!!! (missing a pic of one of the  books as a housemate has it)

I came home to a lovely pressie of Solace - Belinda McKeon from the BF a couple of weeks ago. This book was voted no.1 Irish book of 2011. I wasn't sure what to expect but once I started reading I just couldn't stop. The style of writing the author uses is amazing. She writes the way you expect Irish people to speak. There is no room for bullshit descriptions of how green a leaf is etc. This book is essentially about the way we can never know what to expect to know from life, we just have to go with the flow!! It's def my pick of the last two months simply because I fell in love with the characters, it made me cry, and it reminded me so much of home!!

I just bought Fifty Shades of Grey after all the buzz about it so I shall report back in a couple of weeks as to how I found it!!

If any of you have good reads for me, please go ahead and suggest!!

Có xx

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... I might have to but the hunger games books! I liked the film so Im sure I will like the books. That spider bones book sounds interesting! Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ye it was really good :) i als try get my books in second hand/charity shops so that i can affordably try new authors!!

      Delete
  2. I loved the Hunger Games! I even got my bf reading them and he loved them too! Cant wait to hear what you think of 50 Shades of Grey though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha did he read them too!! :)i cant wait to get cracking on fifty shades :)

      Delete
  3. you should read 'witches of east end' its great! loved this post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you orla.. i'll have to make a list with all of your recommendations :)

      Delete
  4. Ha you've sold 'Hunger Games' to me! I'd been debating reading it for the exact same reason, i'll get my butt over to Amazon right away :p xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hunger games are amazing. I read the 3 books in 4 days I was addicted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 days, you crazy wonman, you must of been crossed eyed at the end!!!!

      Delete
  6. This is going to sound so weird but I can only ever read when I am on holidays. Too much distraction at home. Its been seven years since iv'e been on a proper holiday abroad so im looking forward to next month. Two weeks in Portugal, Aundre from Dancingwithddisaster has recommended The Devil wears prada. I actually just remembered I read The book Thief and The lovely Bones last year. I enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved the lovely bones book, but the film ruined it for me!!!! The boof thief is on my list alreaady, cant wait to read it!!! I need to find a library close to my house!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!