Sunday, 8 July 2012

Weddings via Pinterest No.1

Since moving jobs, I have not been using a computer as much therefore forgot how flipping amazing pinterest is.

If you have not heard of pinterest before, its essentially a giant pin board of pictures that fill your mind with ideas, inspiration, happiness, and the very odd time anger (how to get skinny pictures)...

I love how pinterest opens my imagination to things I would never of though of. There is categories on pinterest therefore you can narrow down what you are looking for inspiration etc on. My faves are the wedding, hair, and pets section.

You may or may not know, but I have a slight wedding obsession. I'm not planning my own imaginary wedding in my head or anything now, I just love thinking outside the box when it comes to weddings, I think perhaps I should have been a wedding planner!!

I've decided instead of just re pinning all the wedding things I love, I will pick a few every week and feature them on the blog!! I would just like to make it very clear that any photos here are all from pinterest and I have stated the original poster under each photo, therefore I am not taking credit for them at all. My sole purpose is to inspire any of you blushing brides to be, or any ladies/gents out there like me who simply love weddings!!

http://pinterest.com/oscarwells/ is where you can join me on pinterest!!!

So here goes, here are some of the photos that got me excited from pinterest this week!!

Pinned Image
apartmentherapy.com

What a simple elegant centre piece for your tables. If you are going for a vintage look (which you all know I adore) this couldn't be simpler. Collect some empty jam jars, get rid of the stickers with hot suddy water, place some pebbles in the bottom (these could be coloured or clear) and pop a floating heat shaped candle in there. Top it off by tying some twine (or any material) around the top! Cheap as chips, and if your not into flowers this is an amazing alternative.

Pinned Image
theweddingpost.net
Again another gorgeous centrepiece idea. If you want some flowers included but don't want the whole bouquet jazz then why not snip a few, stick em under a wine glass, and stick a wee candle on top! This centre piece could be done for next to nothing, and could be adapted to suit your 'theme'.

Pinned Image
etsy.com
I originally came across these on etsy.com and thought they were a really great idea. I know they are probably not for everyone and some of you will be cringing. I think if you are having a 'photobooth' type thing at your wedding where you want to capture all the silly moments your friends and family are having, then why not give them some props... You could pre-write things on them, or alternatively leave the chalk so they can write their own messages to you.

Pinned Image
etsy.com
I had never heard of a bridesmaid invitation, and certainly when I was asked to be a bridesmaid for my best friends wedding, it was never really a formal thing, it was kinda presumed on both sides that it was going to happen (I can't flipping wait by the way)! However if you want to go down the more formal route I think this little invitation is beautiful. You can personalise it to no end and its something your bridesmaid can keep forever! Really beautiful idea.

Pinned Image
jesihaackweddingsblog.com
My final pin for today is this puzzle piece guest book. A lot of may have seen at weddings the large photo of our friends.family with an area around it for everyone to sign, but if you are looking for an alternative to this but yet something you can treasure, why not but a large blank puzzle, leave it scattered randomly on a table at the reception and allow your guest to write their own little message for you on it. After you can then assemble the puzzle and frame it, having your guests lovely messages forever on your wall!!

I really hope you enjoyed this post, as I loved doing it.. Let me know below if you did enjoy please xx

I could literally spend hours showing you all ideas but until next time..

Có xx

7 comments:

  1. Love the Puzzle Idea, could be tailored to babyshowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puzzle idea is lovely and I love the first centre piece, fab! I love pinterest too, must look you up on it. Think these posts are a great idea! Something different!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i cant wait to see what yours looks like :)

      Delete
  3. Those are all great ideas! The one with the wineglsses was on Francs DIY brides (or whatever it's called) and it's a great idea! They used plastic flowers too as people couldn't tell the difference under the glass!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg plastic flowers would be so cheap and cheerful.. :) hahah franc is some man!!!

      Delete
  4. These are such good ideas :) I love the first candle arrangement and the puzzle idea is just fab

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!