Friday, 10 August 2012

My Olympic Journey (and Katie Taylor)

My poor blog has been suffering badly with the shifts I am working, but for that very reason I thought I would take the time to explain to you lovely people what exactly I am doing over here in London.

I started a job with London 2012 Olympics back in May. I'm working as part of the fleet team at Olympic Park. I've been having an absolute ball and have been lucky enough to meet some really interesting people.



Without boring you all to death with the ins and outs basically I work as part of the team that provides the BMW car service to the VIPS.



I was lucky to get a ticket to the opening ceremony dress rehearsal. It was AMAZING!! I wont go in to much detail because most of you probably saw it on the television. The music part at the end was more fantastic in real life than it was on the television!


On to more pressing issues though, KATIE TAYLOR.... Irelands Olympic Hero... Well lads and lassies, I was at the fight... (perks of the job). I have never experienced an atmosphere like it in my life. Croke Park had nothing on this. I got off the DLR and was greeted by a sea of green singing Ole Ole Ole. Needless to say this buzz was intoxicating and I couldn't wait to get inside at all!! You all know how it ended, GOLD medal victory!! What Katie achieved today makes me so proud to be flying the Irish flag over here in London!! History was made today and its something I will remember for the rest of my life.



So just before I leave you all I'll show you something (a bit strange) that has been a collectors item at the games, A knitted micky!!! The people I work with had no idea why I was in hysterics about this, cause all a Micky is in London is a mans name!!



I hope you have been enjoying the games, its certainly an experience I will never forget!! Can't wait for the paralympics now!!


Có xx

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a dream job lady, hope you're enjoying every second xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing missus. Once in a lifetime experience ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure is, im yet to meet some famous peeps tho!! im gonna go on a hunt!!

      Delete
  3. Wow, sounds like an amazing experience! (and lol at the knitted micky!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah stop its ridic, like a knitted micky!! hahahaha

      Delete
  4. What an absolutely amazing experience. Enjoy every second of it (not that you need me to tell that, mind! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh im counting my blessing, i dont want it to end!! xx

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts!!!