Wednesday, 22 August 2012

What I've Been Watching..

I'm always on the lookout for new television programmes to watch as I love nothing better than sitting in on a rainy night or a hangover day and watching a good box set!! With series so easily down-loadable (not that i'm encouraging it at all) and autumn/winter fast approaching, I thought I would share with you some of the awesome shows I've been watching...

Sons of Anarchy
My description of this is probably terrible, but here goes: an outlaw motorcycle gang gives us an insight into sex drugs money laundering and gun running... It is seriously action packed, and the series finale's leave you gagging for the next one... I'm currently waiting for the next series which is out Sept 11th and I can't wait...
There are pretty big names in this show such as Charlie Hunman (also in Green Street), Katey Sagal (also in Married with Children), Ryan Hurst (also in Remember the Titans), and the odd cameo appearance from Sonny Barger who is a world famous Hells Angel. A lot of hot men in leathers on a bike, yummy!!



Photo: What a man.... That is all!!!
Charlie Hunman as Jax Teller

Breaking Bad
So anyone who used to watch Malcom in the Middle will remember Hal, who is now the main character in this flipping amazing series. Walt is a regular joe high school chemistry teacher whose life is turned upside down when he is diagnosed with cancer. With medical bills seeming impossible to pay Walt turns to cooking up crystal meth in a camper van with an ex student of his, Jesse, and together they embark on a life of absolute chaos. To say this series blew my socks off is an understatement, it is absolutely genius the way they play it all out. It is probably one of my favourites at the moment, but beware you will lose hours of your life to this show once you start watching it! Im currently about to start season 4 and I can't wait to get home from work to switch it on!



Gossip Girl
Now here comes the girly/fashion series that makes me wish I was from the upper east side NY!! Gossip Girl is renowned for the fashion that is displays. Leighton Meister (aka Blaire Waldorf), Blake Lively (aka Serena Van Der Woodsen), and Taylor Momsen (aka Jenny Humphreys) wear the most stunning clothing you will see on television at the moment, in my humble opinion. These three main characters all have individual styles, and are definitely inspirational. I have spent a lot of time looking for dupes of certain items featured on the show. I will go in to my favourite outfits etc in a further post, but now back to what Gossip Girl is actually about.
Essentially the show features really REALLY rich kids from the Upper East Side, and documents the trials and tribulations of having money coming out of your ears; the powers and triumphs that go along with it! They are all stunning looking actors, and to say I'm hooked is an understatement, even the BF is asking have I not got any left to watch! If you like fashion and drama this is def one for you.



Don't Tell the Bride
This is my favourite reality show of all time, yes that's right, all time!! Big Brother can go take a running jump!! If you have read any of my previous posts you will know that I'm fond of a bit of wedding planning, so I love watching the ideas that the men, yes the men, come up with for their Brides to be. Basically these couples enter an agreement that they will get £12,000 towards their wedding but only if the groom does all the planning, the bride can not know a thing, from the dress to the ceremony. This programme makes me cringe, laugh and cry almost all the time. Some of the men are useless but the majority of them are flipping amazing and do an excellent job of organising and amazing wedding for their brides. Most of the episodes are available on BBC3 iplayer and there are new episodes being shown on Tuesdays evenings at 9pm.



So that's what I'm pretty much doing in my spare time when I'm not working, I'm running out of seasons/episodes so if you have any recommendations please let me know!

Có xx


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love Love LOVE SoA - one of my all time favourites and I tend to watch each season again once it's over and then again before the new one starts ( crazy much??)

    I love gossip girl too and can't wait to get stuck into it again once I move, I can't remember which episode I was on when I stopped watching so I guess I'll have to watch right from the beginning again ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!