Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Quick life update!



Just thought I’d give a quick update as to what has been happening since I moved home just over a month ago! If this is your first time reading, Welcome!, and so that you know what I’m on about I was living in London for just over a year and didn’t gel with the place at all!

Moving back to Ireland was one of the best decisions I have made. Without a shadow of a doubt we (me & the BF) are ten times happier at home with our friends and family (and woofy) than we were in miserable old London (no offence Londoners!).

I will admit that when I first got home it was very surreal moving back in with the parents and not living with himself, and I was probably a moody bitch for the first two weeks. I seemed to be dwelling on not having a job even though I was only back in the blooming country a wet week.

I didn’t know how I was gonna feel about moving back in home, and I suppose all my thoughts were selfish, but now that I’m back home a few weeks I feel more like I should of been thinking along the lines of how I would cramp the parentals style rather than them cramping mine!

I was fully determined to get a job ASAP and got up every day at a reasonable hour and instead of just applying online, I actually posted out some CV’s. In order to keep myself sane I made note of everything I was applying for so that I could look back and follow up etc etc. I was lucky enough, well actually no I won’t say lucky, I was so determined I managed to get a full time permanent job within two weeks of being home. In a country that is up shit creek without a paddle I am over the moon to have gotten this position. I really believe that it wasn’t just luck though (and that is not to sound patronising or obnoxious) I went in to that interview and gave it 100% with the attitude that I can do this job really well and was determined, it paid off. Have some self belief.


I started the job about three weeks ago and the first week was a bit of a struggle cause I’m back on good old reliable (falls off the chair laughing) Irish public transport. I’ve had a good talk to myself though and it hasn’t taken me long to figure out that things are already better over here than they were in the UK. 

I feel like a new person (as cringy as that sounds) in the past two weeks at least. I’m loving being at home with my family and friends. It’s so nice to be able to go out for a drink and dinner and not worry about money. I have high hopes for 2013. I’m gonna work my arse off; get myself a new car, braces on the toothens and a sun holiday next year!! I WILL ACHIEVE THIS!!! Also looking at doing a part time masters!

As weird as it has been not living with himself, the break is gonna do us the world of good as living in ONE  room for the past 6 months has driven us both mad!! We hope to be in our own place for Christmas and make a fantastic new start to 2013. 

Home really is where the heart is, and in this case where I am most happy!

Có xxx

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're getting on great back at home, you're so lucky!! I'd love to be back home with family and friends again! Hope everything goes well for you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Có, sounds like the move was definitely worth it & congrats on getting your job! X

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!