Friday, 16 November 2012

Homemade Minestrone Soup



I failed at coming up with ‘good’ food for lunch this week AGAIN, however I was out sick monday and Tuesday, so I really only failed on two days because for todays lunch I have me some minestrone soup! Smells amazing, cant wait till half one!!

I got the recipe off a colleague, but as always I tweaked it a wee bit! 

The smells that surround the kitchen whilst cooking this one are mouthwatering!

You could always have this as a easy dinner too!



What you will need:
2 vegetable stock cubes
1 courgette
2 tomatoes
1 can of chopped tomatoes
2 tblsp mixed Italian herbs
½ swede
2 carrots
2 small onions or 1 large
850ml water
1 can cannellini beans
3 oz (one cup) of macaroni pasta or any small pasta
1 tblsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
Large pot

Before you start:
Chop all the veggies in to bit size proportions
Peel and chop the tomatoes (trick for peeling them, leave them in boiling water for a few mins and skin comes away a lot easier)
Mix your water and veggie stock
Drain the beans
Measure out your pasta

Get started:
Heat the oil in the pan and gently sautee the veggies for 2-3 mins
Add the water & vegetable stock mix
Add the can of tomatoes
Add the 2 tblsp of mixed herbs
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 mins
Add the beans, pasta and tomatoes.
Allow to gently simmer for a further 15 mins (or until pasta is soft)
Add salt and pepper to your taste

Et voila!

Serve and enjoy!!! Or pop into your lunch box and bring to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!!!