Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Lunch time ideas - Chunky vegetable soup.



Lunches are another thing that I’m pretty useless at thinking up, so with the help of pinterest and nosing at other people’s lunches, I’m going to start eating more than ham and cheese sambo’s!!!

Last night I had my first attempt at a Chunky Vegetable Soup, and I must say on first taste it was delish.

This ‘recipe’ will feed three adults. You can simply add more or less to suit yourself.

P.S there are millions of different soup recipes out there so I shall be exploring in to unknown territory, but lets keep it safe this time around!

What you need:
1 x onion
2 x carrots
2 x parsnips
1 x swede (turnip)
1 x leak
3 x potatoes
3 x vegetable stock cubes
Chopped tomatoes (I used about 10 cherry tomatoes, can use a can instead)
Salt & pepper
1 x pint of water
Large pot

Before you start:
Chop all vegetables up into small chunks.


Get started:
  • Saute the chopped onions in the pan until soft.
  • Add the water and mix in the vegetable stock.
  • Add salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
  • When boiling, add all the chopped vegetable (leaving out the tomatoes)
  • Allow to gently boil/simmer for 30 mins.
  • After 30mins add the chopped tomatoes and a little more salt and pepper.
  • Simmer for a further 15 mins.
  • Depending on how ‘chunky’ you like your soup you may want to use a hand blender for a few seconds.
  • Ready to serve/throw in the lunch box/thermos flask! 




Bon appetite!!

Let me know if you have any delish soup recipes I can try!!!

Next on my list is a butternut squash and apple soup as recommended by @raragiggles!! Yummy!!!


1 comment:

  1. God this looks and sounds delicious! I just remembered to take the meat out of the freezer to defrost for dinner. Might be a job for the microwave!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!