Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Skin Matters: Teenage Skin in My 20's - update!



At the start of January, I gave you a run down of what I have been using on my skin to help prevent breakouts and existing acne, check it out here

In this post I spoke about how I was going to take the Minocin tablets (prescribed acne medication) properly this time. I started them on Tuesday 8th Jan. That Friday I was hit with one of the worst migraines I have ever had, and was so sick I couldn’t take them for the rest of the weekend. I was terrified they were the cause of the migraines  so I stopped taking them. I have since been to the doctor about my migraines, I will do a detailed post,  and she assures me the minocin isn’t the cause. However with the new tablets I am on, I would rather not take a whole concoction of tablets hence leaving the Minocin to one side for the minute.
 
Since I haven’t been taking acne tabs I am even stricter with my skin routine and have noticed a good improvement, especially with the spots on my shoulders and back. This is no doubt a combination of duac cream, and a better hormonal balance. While there is still a lot of room for improvement, I am feeling good in myself, and my clothes which is a pretty big thing for me.

My poor face is not feeling so fresh this week, but it is completely my own fault. I was out last Saturday night and never washed my makeup off. (stop tutting your heads at me, I know I’m a bad person). If I can offer you one word of advice as an acne sufferer, wash or cleanse every trace of makeup off your skin before you go to sleep. I don’t care how drunk or tired you are, WASH YOUR FACE. My poor skin is very angry with me at the moment with a few huge ones around my jaw line. So once again I implore you to wash or cleanse away your makeup before you go to bed.

I plan on trying a few bits from the La Roche Posay range in the next few weeks such as nutrise and effeclar, to up my game in acne fighting as such, so I will let you know how I get on with what I buy. I am also using a new cleansing mud from pixy.ie which I will review shortly.

One more thing before I let you all go, over on CherrySue Doin’ the Do , there is a pro-active skincare (ye know the one every celeb in America advertises for) trial going on, check it out here. I used this product whilst in America and defo noticed results from it. There products contain similar ingredients to the duac so are really great for targeting acne and producing results. I do have one warning, DO NOT USE fancy face cloths, pjs or your 'mothers best' towels whilst using this product, it bleaches them something unreal, same as with the Duac. Sue found out the hard way!

If your suffering from what is typically know as teenage skin, let me know what products you are using etc.

Có x


8 comments:

  1. While far from a teenager my skin has been acting the maggot for the past year or two which has been very depressing. However touch wood it seems to be fairly ok at the moment - have been double cleansing which I think has worked for me xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its horrible Emma, i wouldnt wish it on anyone... Well hopefully we are both fresh faced by the end of this year :)

      Delete
  2. I have worse teenage skin now than when I was a teenager!! I've had to bust out the old Clean and Clear exfoliation wash, it kept my skin under control as a teenager. I've been putting Quinoderm on it as well. And I've started taking acne tablets prescribed by the doctor, as my back has flared up and it's sore and horrible. It takes time for medication to kick in, doubt it has properly started yet but my skin has started to go down a bit. I'm also trying to avoid picking and prodding at my face, I'm so bad for it! I try not to analyse my skin in the mirror like I used to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are the tabs your taking hun?? I hope they work for you x

      Delete
  3. I used to get away with so much when I was a teenager, I abused my poor skin no end - drinking, smoking, not removing make-up, not drinking water, never used moisturiser - never had a single spot! Now I'm 30 this year, don't smoke, don't drink half as often, and if I don't go through the whole makeup removal routine and drink lots of water I get some awful dry skin and spots! My scalp is also prone to acting up when I'm stressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh stop id say i never looked after my skin properly through my 5 years in college, and now that i do nothing but mind it its a pain in the arse with all the breakouts. If you can get eucerin for your hair it should work nicely x

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts!!!