Thursday, 7 February 2013

Vegetarian Fajitas (from scratch)




PUT THE PACKET OF OLD EL PASO DOWN....That’s right put it in the back of the press where it belongs.

Ok lets be blunt about this, the real pain in the arse when it comes to trying new foods from scratch is it costs more the first time cause you have to buy all the spices etc, but I can GUARANTEE that you will use the stuff again and again so bite the bullet and get out your bag for life!

I’m not a big meat eater so I opt for veggies alone most of the time, but you can easily add chicken etc to this recipe!
This recipe is enough for two medium sized tortillas, perfect for lunch!
What you will need:
1 x tlbsp chilli powder
1 x tlbsp cumen
2 x tlbsp Worchester sauce
1 x tblsp lime juice (I sub this with lemon sometimes)
1 x sprinkle oregano
1 x sprinkle of ground ginger
2 x minced garlic cloves
½ red pepper chopped
½ orange pepper chopped (you can have whatever colours you like)
1 small onion chopped
8 (approx) mushrooms chopped
2 medium sized tortillas (alternatively serve with rice)

What to do:
Throw all of this into a biggish bowl and mix together properly. Cover with cling film and leave for at least a half hour (over night would be great if you had the time).
Cook up on a high heat in a pan/wok until the veg are cooked to a crunchiness/softness that you like.
If you are using chicken make sure you cook it through obv!!
Throw it in to your lunch box and bring to work the next day!! Heat ‘em up and throw in to a tortilla wrap!!
You can add extra’s like sour cream, mayo, and cheese if you like too!

Enjoy!!!

Có x

(I'll stick a photo up again, I forgot to before I stuffed my face)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!!!