Friday, 12 April 2013

Mane ‘n Tail Review : Should of left it for the horses!!

If you follow beauty blogs, buy magazines, or browse the internet in general you have probably stumbled across mane 'n tail, the shampoo for horses that the celebrities started using (the crazy cats that they are).

Mane ‘n Tail more recently made products for us humans, and needless to say everyone who is anyone in the hills of Hollywood was washing there gruaig with this. Sure who doesn't want shiny locks like that lot up there, so needless to say when I saw it in my local chemist I ran out the door to get it.

According to the Mane ‘n Tail website the benefits of their color shampoo are:
  • Helps maintain color treatments longer (when used before Color Protect Conditioner as a complete hair care system)
  • Micro-enriched proteins strengthen and condition, cleansing hair without stripping, which in turn, prolongs color life.
  • Unique formula contains conditioning emollients providing body, shine and manageability for healthy looking hair every time you shampoo.
  • Safe for all hair types, specially formulated for color treated hair
and conditioner are:
  • Helps maintain color treatments longer (when used after Color Protect Shampoo as a complete hair care system)
  • Micro-enriched proteins strengthen and condition while instantly detangling, helping to repair dry, damaged hair
  • Moisturizes leaving hair silky with a full bodied feel
  • Safe for all hair types, specially formulated for color treated hair


Well that’s what they have to say, so now on to what I have to say:

The shampoo and conditioner cost 8.95 each, which is a bit over the odds for what I usually pay but I went along with it think I'd have red carpet hair at the end. The girl in the chemist advised to wash twice, a tiny bit of shampoo 1st, then wash a bigger bit in again to get sudsy and wash the gruaig.

  • ~ First of all trying to get the shampoo to get suddy was a task in itself and what she said was right, you most certainly need to do this twice to ensure you get suds. This in itself was straight away a negative, it felt like a proper effort to wash my hair.
  • ~ After rinsing the suds out, my hair felt like a knotted mess, surely the conditioner would sort this out!
  • ~ Low and behold the conditioner didn't get all the knots out, nor did it feel like it was 'conditioning' my hair, but maybe when its dry it will look amazing!
  • ~ Did it look amazing, NO! It looked like i hadn't even washed it. maybe I used too much conditioner, or didn't rinse it properly?
  • ~ I washed it without using conditioner, what a mistake, my poor hair nearly got ripped out cause it was that hard to get a comb through it.
  • ~ I washed it again using only a little bit of conditioner on the ends. Same result, greasy oily hair.
  • ~ I was so mad that I had paid €18 for these products that I continued to use it for about 2 1/2 weeks. Enough was enough last sat. My hair was full of dandruff and looked like you could fry chips in it.
  • ~ My mam also used this shampoo and conditioner and thought they were crappy so gave up after three washes.

So overall and to round up:

I am so disappointed, €18 down the pan. I'm sure that there are people out there getting along with this shampoo, so I would strongly advise you get the sample before you buy the full bottles.

Have you used this shampoo?
Are you gonna give it a go?
Wash i just unlucky that it didn't suit my hair?

I'd love to hear what you think,

Có x

16 comments:

  1. That's such a pity it's all my list of things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review and the warning!! hate getting "caught" like that... It was on my "must buy and try list" inall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i feel so disappointed with them!! May be diff with your hair though, grab a sample!

      Delete
  3. I'm currently trying these for review too and I don't think it's gonna be a good review at all. I just can't get them to work for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh cant wait to see your review now to see which way you found them!

      Delete
  4. yeah I didnt love this either. Kat on the other hand did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its odd aint it cause i have read good reviews too!!

      Delete
  5. I've heard so many people rave about these that I was dying to try them! I usually only buy 'expensive' hair products when they're on offer, etc so don't want to waste my money, definitely going to try a sample or try out somebody else's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. def grab someone else before you splash out chloe!

      Delete
  6. No way, almost bought this today but felt too lazy to carry them. Ill give them a pass so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha as good an excuse as any :) as i said to the rest of the girls grab the sachet samples def before you buy!!

      Delete
  7. I use the deeply moisturising mane and Tail and I gotta say I love it! Find it great on my hair but I do agree that it's pricey! Might go Back to my palmers olive oil shampoo too, love the smell!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued as to why it was so bad for my hair but works well for others!!! But yay for you and your hollywood locks (i'm not a bit jel :) )

      Delete
  8. omg thats really weird, have to say I quite like mane n tail - then again I don;t have the coloured version...like it's not my holy grail shampoo/conditioner but I do think it's pretty decent...in my chemist it's only 6.99 too....sucks you or your mom didn't like it so you can't even pawn it off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh 6.99 is a bit better price wise, and I wonder now is the non colored one better for some reason!! I think the only person using it will be jess (the woofy)!!!

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts!!!