Monday, 27 May 2013

Click, Flash, Post, Check in - Having the time of my life!

This post is coming about from a pet peeve of mine, and my friends - people who take photos of themselves doing anything, checking themselves in at that place, and writing a caption that leads us to believe they are having the best time of their life.

Well sir/madam I challenge you to a dual, cause I have seen you in real life and out an about and you certainly do not appear to be having the time of your life all the bloody time which your timeline may lead one to believe.

I know I know, why haven't I blocked them etc? Well I have, or am certainly working my way through it, but in this generation of social media, it is hard for people not to be turned to the dark side. One day you have a normal friend on facebook, next thing they have been bitten by this social media bug, your timeline is filled with (queue posey mac poserson photo) Best night evaaaaaaa.... Have the bants and the lols with ma bitches - checked in @ swifts!!!

I beg of you, live your life in real life, not on social media to see how many likes you get, if you feel yourself being drawn in to the darkness, delete facebook from your phone.

I don't even know where to start on the tagging quest some people find themselves on, christ almighty, if you are sitting with friends tagging yourself updating your status the likely hood is that they will soon become pissed off with the 'friend' who has his/her face stuck in their phone, also if your constantly tagging yourself at your 'cosy bed' with your GPS locator on, don't be surprised if you have a Halloween moment soon and this guy rocks up to your door!

Halloween_Jason.jpg


Are me an my friends becoming more intollerant as we get older, or are their other like minded people out there??? I would love to hear what yee think!!




4 comments:

  1. This was so funny, that's the exact reason I got rid of my personal facebook account. The bloody bants!!! AAAAGH!!!! Jesus!! No, no way. Can't be doing with it. People who check in in "ma cosy big bed" should be fecked off the internet forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have to say I have a bit of a disdain for selfies and general gushing and showing off online! My boyfriend and I actually don't have personal facebooks because it's just not worth the hassle! Instagram is another one where people are also annoying me at the moment:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I'am Chris From France!!
    You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Will Represent Your Country
    Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
    Blog Url
    Location Of Your Country Operating In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Happy Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instagram is the worst for selfies! Nice post, I am a new follower, please check out my blog if you get a chance! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!