Sunday, 23 June 2013

Lipstick and Nail Polish ¦ Storage Ideas

I’m not your typical beauty blogger with mounds of makeup but I do have a weak spot for nail varnish and lipsticks. They were scattered every which way about the house and I could never find the color I was looking for so I decided to tidy up my act and get some nice storage for them!

 

Inspired by pinterest and other beauty bloggers I am on a mission to tidy up my act!For the lipsticks/lipbalms I got this plain and simple acrylic organiser.

 

Its tiered and fits 24 lippies and its now soooo easy to find the one I'm looking for. It cost E6 on ebay - what a bargain! I need another one or two now though but have noticed the prices on ebay have doubled so I’m gonna keep an eye out in TK Maxx also.

 

For my nail polish collection I decided to take them out of their glossy box and let them take prided place in these lovely spice racks from Ikea @ E3 each. Seriously could ye find any cheaper than that!!



These little racks are so easy to put together and to ‘attach’ them to the wall I simply hammered in a nail each side of the wall, there is the little hole in the back of them that then hang on the nails!!  They could easily be painted any color to suit your own room too!!

For some unknown reason I though I would have enough space in two of them but needless to say I will have to take a return trip up to grab a couple more (where I will have to acquire a helmer, it would be rude not too)


 If you have any other storage ideas I would love to hear about/see them cause I am super nosy and love to have a goo!!

5 comments:

  1. I love those racks, I would need a wall full of them :( I keep all my polish in a big giant plastic multi- drawer thing from Littlewoods. It's a pain not being able to see them at a glance but it's the only place I can put them! I got one of those lipstick holders on eBay here - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/130825070192?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 - it took bloody ages to come but it was only €4 including postage x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine took ages too but i think its defo worth waiting for seeing as they are only oul plastic yokes!!! Thanks for the link btw i couldn't remember my seller!!

      Delete
  2. Love the racks! But again, like Sharon, I'd need loads! I might invested in an Ikea drawer at some stage for storage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive tried to condense my 'collection' but am def gonna grab another 3 of the shelves!! :)

      Delete
  3. I never thought to use spice racks! I would need so many though, I'm a nail polish hoarder!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!