Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Neutralise your red face ¦ Paese and La Roche Posay.

My face has been very red for as long as I can remember, when I sleep, when I'm awake, when I'm anything really it just loves to glow red!!!

My mam said when she was a teenager she used to use green eyeshadow to cancel out her blushing, and I became intrigued. I wasn't sure with my skin being as arsey as it is if green eyeshadow was a good idea, so I started looking in to other products to help dull down the redness.

 
 


I got this Paese Anti Redness Concealer on Cloud 10 Beauty a while back. What it aims to do is conceal blemishes while neutralising skin tone.

I've got to be honest, this does nothing for me, I find the cream stick to hard to work on to my face, if it could be warmed up somehow it would probably do well, but I do not have a lot of time in the mornings to be waiting for things like that. You can see from the pics below that it defo does neutralise so if you have time to work it in to the face well you could be on to a winner! It retails at just €4.20 so its defo worth a try if you are more patient than me. If you have used this and have any tips please let me know as I'd like to give it another shot.

 


Next up is the La Roche Posay Rosaliac 'skin perfecting anti redness moisturising'.

This moisturiser aims at stopping the appearance of redness and restoring the skins natural defences. The formulation is a light green tinted cream, that is absorbed pretty easily to the skin.

I love La Roche stuff, I love the clinical look of the packaging and the results they produce but to be honest (again) this did nothing for my redness. I have been using it for ages now and have not noticed any changes. I am a little disappointed and wont be buying again, I will opt for another LRP moisturiser instead as I rate the others I have used.



So basically what I'm trying to convey here is that I'm still bright as a tomato!! And if you have any recs etc please let me know.




4 comments:

  1. Doesn't completely neutralize redness but I find applying a thin layer of foundation all over and then stippling a little extra over the cheeks calms them down alot. Sometimes I'll use a little concealer on the cheeks instead of extra foundation. Not ideal but it does the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can cover it with foundation fine evie but its just for everyday Id like to be able to go without foundation some days!

      Delete
  2. Could you blast the concealer with a hairdryer for a few minutes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prob could Mary i just cant be bothered in the mornings, might give that a go at the weekend though. Thanks

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts!!!