Monday, 2 September 2013

August Beauty Buys ; SBBC Day 1

I usually feel guilty spending money on makeup as Im usually crap at saving but when I got my holiday pay I decided to do a bit of guilt free spending. Here are a few bits and pieces I picked up over the last month between BT2, Pennys and Boots.

Mac Studio Fix Foundation in shade NW10 - I am sick of searching for foundations that come in a shade to suit my typically pale Irish skin so I was delighted to hear a few months back that Mac had released even paler shades. I got color matched in BT2 Dundrum to shade NW10, was very impressed with the lady matching me as she actually seemed to know what she was talking about which is always a start, if only all other brands trained up their counter staff the right way! The color is absolutely superb, probably the best match I have ever had!! EVER!!! Have been using for a few weeks now so shall share all my thoughts on this in the next week of two. This retails at €31 and if you want to get a pump that is another €6 (personally think they should just give you the flipping thing).

Garnier Perfect Blur - had read great reviews about this primer/base so needless to say when I saw it on offer in Tesco for €11.99 I nabbed it. What it claims to do is blur out your imperfections and create a smooth base to apply foundation to. First impressions are MEH... I wont do a review on this as I don't have a whole lot to say other than I do not see any noticeable difference when I use this product, yes it creates a smooth base but for the usual price of €20 it is defo not value for money. Really do not understand what the big deal is about tbh.

Natural Collection CoverUp Cream in shade fair - Im not really one for concealer but there was a 3 for 2 in boots so decided to give this a go. So far so god, gives a nice even tone, not great for covering blemishes (but then again I think covering them sometimes makes them look worse). Really nice and smooth, doesn't drag my foundation when I am blending it in either. Retails at €3.




Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr - Ok I know I am majorly late jumping on this bandwagon but tbh im not much of a day to day shadow person so didn't have the need. Have decided to change that of late though so decided to give these color tattoos a go. I picked up three in shades 25 - everlasting navy, 40 permanent taupe, and 35 - on and on bronze. Again these were on a three for two and they retail at €7.50. Will have a follow up review shortly. Some really great vids on youtube too to make the most of them.

Maybelline Color Sensational in shade 148 summer pink - saw swatches of this and new I had to have one. This lippie retails at €10.49 and is simply a great buy. I will feature it with swatches etc in an up and coming post but for now all I will say is it wears well, smells good, and is very easy to wear.

Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in shade 07 Black Crome -  I decided to pick this up after seeing Orla from Makeup Over Mind speaking about it in one of her recent buys/favourite vids. I am always trying to perfect the perfect line and all to often fail. So far so good with this little beaut. It retails at €11.99.




I have said it before and I will say it again, I love the buget buys you can get from Catrice so here are a few bits I picked up in my local Pennys (Newbridge which FYI has a fantastic stand).

Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder in shade 010 fairy dust - Im still not 100% sure of how to make the most out of highlighter so getting this lovely highlighter pallete for about €5.50 is the perfect way for me to learn.

Catrice Eyebrow Stylist in shade 020 Date with Ash-ton - I recently felt the pencil I was using on my brows was a little dark therefore I picked this up in a nice lightbrown for €2.50 (approx.). It has a little spooly on the end too which is very handy.

Catrice Lash // Brow Designer - for anyone who fills in their brows a clear mascara is usually a musy have. This catrice one is again around the €2.50 mark and will last you for ages. Really good buy.

Catrice Eyebrow Gel - I saw Dani from The Glamour Nazi talk about color brow gel as an alternative to pencil and powder as a filler so after getting Mam to trial this catrice one I had to have it. I have used it a couple of times and have been very impressed (will do a comparission between this, powder, and pencil soon) so far. Grab one for only €5.50 (approx.)

Catrice Pure Shine Colour Lip Balm in shade 070 I don't red it - have been seeing these lip crayons everywhere and after getting the Revlon one as a pressie for a friend I decided I needed to get on the bandwagon. I have only worn this once of twice so cant say whether I like it yet or not. Again this is about €5.




So that's all the beauty buys for the past month. Will follow up with reviews for most of them in the coming weeks. Is there anything else that I need to buy in September? Enable me people!!



psssst... if you dont know what SBBC is click here

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh all great buys! Catrice products are really good, I must try some of their brow products next. Great post x

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!