Monday, 9 September 2013

Collecting Toys in the Cereal: SBBC Day 9

When I was small (er) my and the bro used to KILL each other over the toy that came in the cereal. My poor Ma must have been driven demented listening to us every morning hoping and praying for the toy. You would swear it was  a bar of gold the way we used to go on. 

via dailyedge.ie


I had a windowsill FULL of this plastic little toys ranging from the wheetos professor, to reflectors for bikes, to aliens. I only got rid of them a couple of years ago and tbh I'm raging I did now.

via bestbits.ie
Where has the fun in eating cereal disappeared to though, they don't give away toys in the cereal anymore, and no doubt this is down to some health and safety SHITE!!! Even as a 27 year old 'professional' I'm pretty sure I would still row with my brother if there was a toy in the cereal.

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mU5CeYH4PDpIFuXoldLNUZQ.jpg
via ebaystatic.com

Bring back the 90s, and bring back the toy in the cereal!!!


3 comments:

  1. Oh god I remember those chicken ones, takes me right back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was an only child so it was just me sticking my hand down into the cereal box and coming out of it with treasure! Loved the joy of getting these and it's such a pity they don't put the toys into them anymore, i had a massive collection. Thanks for bringing me down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I remember these! I used to love the reflectors for my bike! Bring back toys in cereal! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!