Saturday, 7 September 2013

Makeup for Work - SBBC Day 7

So ladies and gents its day 7 of SBBC and today I'm going to go through makeup look I wear to work everyday.

I work in an office that has a smart casual dress code so I try to adopt my makeup look to suit this too, I don't wanna rock up looking like I'm ready for a night on the town.

So here are a list of the products I have been using over the past couple of weeks (some are new so as I do reviews I will update this post):

Foundation : My everyday work foundation of choice is Revlon Colorstay (which I previously reviewed) and in the past few weeks I have been mixing it up with Mac Studio Fix in shade NW10 (snow white eat yer heart out). I love the Revlon as it lasts all day and gives great coverage without being too 'caked on' looking.

 
 

I apply this with my real techniques buffing brush which is simply fantastic for making the foundation look like a second skin almost.


Blush : I have been using the Bourjois Cream Blush in shade 02. This is DIVINE. Its a corally type colour that gives my skin that little bit of colour it requires. I love everything about this blush, the texture the application, the packaging.




I apply my blush using my Real Techniques contour brush.

Eyes: I'm not really one for eyeshadow tbh as I just really cant be arsed in the mornings, BUTTTT I have been trying to get better at this and for the past two weeks I have been using my Maybelline Color Tattoos. They defo up my 'everyday' look and I'm loving them! I wear them completely on their own (cant be dealing with building colour's at that hour) and think they look great. They crease a little near the end of the day but nothing a smudging with your finger wont sort out.

I apply these with my fingers and then (if I have time) blend them out with a fluffy eyeshadow brush.


 
I have been using the Essence 'I love extreme crazy volume' (the pink one) mascara (which I reviewed here) and it does the trick. Nice wide eyes everyday going in to work.

For my brows I use the Catrice eyebrow pencil and clear gel mascara.



Highlighter: I have only recently started to understand how to 'use' highlighter correctly, the Catrice Prime and Fine highlighter being my product of choice. I apply a small amount to my cheek bones to temples, and down my nose. No idea if this is 'right' but sure it looks nice anyway!


 
I apply this using my Lancome cheek and contour brush which I love. It sooo soft!!!


 
Powder: I wouldn't feel complete without powder (and my face would probably slide off without) and the one I have been using for months and months is the Catrice Prime and Fine Translucent Powder. I think I have mentioned this before but here goes again, its essentially a loose white powder. When applied to the face it DOES NOT remain white, it is completely translucent and sets everything perfect. I really really love this as it doesn't give that real powdery matte finish.



Lips: As much as I love a statement lip, in work I opt for more neutral tones and the one I have on my desk and reach for everyday is the Revlon Lip Butter in shade 045 Cotton Candy. Its a gorgeous baby pink tone which brightens up the look without being too in your face. 

via google images
 

I'm not one for selfies so I hope the product pics suffice for now!!
  So that's what my face is made up of going in to work (scarlet for me maaa), have you used any of these products, or if you have any other recommendations throw them out at me!

Có x


3 comments:

  1. Great choices of products! I've been eyeing up that Catrice Highlighter. Maybelline Colour Tattoo are great and so easy to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highlighter scares the heck out of me, haven't a clue how to use it! I haven't tried the colour tattoos but I do like creamy eyeshadows that look like you've spent ages and ages blending and matching and layering ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how I use highlighter the odd time I do use it. The swatch of the blush is lovely. Looking at it in the tin it looks quite beige so is walk right by, but blended out on your skin it looks nice & peachy.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!