Wednesday, 18 September 2013

MAC Stuido Fix Foundation ¦ Review - SBBC Day 17

Wow cant believe we are half way through September already, have discovered some great new blogs through the #SBBC on twitter, so go on and have a goo if your looking for new reading material, and if you have no idea what SBBC is, have a goo here!

So its day 17 and I'm gonna talk about a product I just don't get all the hype about: MAC Studio Fix Foundation.

I know so many people that swear by MAC foundation, its all over the blogosphere, there is generally no escaping it, and well lets just say it was like world peace had been reached with the cries of joy when they released lighter shades to suit us pasty lot.

I decided to jump on the bandwagon a month or two ago as I always have issues with getting light enough foundation. I picked up Studio Fix Foundation in shade NW10. 


via macoscmetics.com


Lets start off on a positive note with the shade, its fantastic, plain and simple, it looks fantastic and really does match my skin tone, it also has a nice distinctive smell that doesn't transfer to skin.

Ok well that's really all I have to say in the positive category unfortunately. Le Sigh!

The lasting power is SHOCKING, it looks great on my face for a half hour tops then starts to what only can be described as melting off. It sinks in to my pores (even though I always wear primer and have tried a few different ones). By lunch time I look shocking. 

I am soo soo disappointed because I have shelled out €36 euros on something that is essentially useless to me know. I have been trying to make the most out of it by mixing with my other foundations to lighten them but it still feels like such a disappointment and I just don't get what the hype is all about with this foundation.

Maybe it is just my skin type so please do give it a go and see if it works for you rather than going on my words alone.

I love most other MAC products and find their counter staff absolutely fantastic, so it pains me to give this review. 

Note to self: Get samples before buying full bottle of foundation next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!!!