Friday, 10 January 2014

Fit Fridays - Getting in Gear 10th Jan 14

New year, new start and all that jazz so I've decided to resurrect my Fit Friday posts with the hope of giving you a bit of motivation (if your struggling), and some ideas for both food and fitness too.

I started playing hockey back in September and can wholeheartedly say that it is one of the best things I have ever done. I had never picked up a hockey stick in my life so it was quiet daunting to say the least. The club I am playing for is fantastic though, I have never been made to feel stupid or shite at training, and most importantly I am having such a laugh!! We train twice a week for 90 minutes and play a match every Saturday - this has defo been keeping me fit over the past few months. If there is a team sport you have always been itching to play I urge you to take the few brave steps and give it a go, you wont regret it.


Fitness motivation
I have been toying with the idea of joining a crossfit type gym over the past couple of weeks, and finally took the plunge this week. I'm really not too good at explaining what crossfit is, so if you're not sure have a nose at the video below. Jays I thought I was nervous joining hockey, well that was nothing compared to the fear in me on Tuesday. I was lucky enough that my friend decided to come along too, and my bessie is also one of the trainers. Well I felt bloody fantastic after, and even though it was a little intimidating it hasn't turned me off going back. I was back again last night for more punishment and can safely say I have not ached like this in years, but I have also not felt this good about exercising either. #nopainnogain as they say! I am going to keep it up two evenings a week from here on in.




Food wise I've been trying to stick to gluten free foods for the past few weeks as I've started to finally listen to my body and things like white bread really make me feel like shite! Its been pretty easy i have opted for gluten free porridge, have not been eating bread, replaced regular flour with gluten free or coconut flour, and the world of google has provided me with fantastic recipes. 

Going dairy free was a decision I made purely for aesthetic purposes. I have read in numerous places that dairy may aggravate/cause acne and mine is pretty bad again at the moment so I've cut out things like yogurts, drinking glasses of milk with my lunch, have switched to alpro soya for porridge and tea/coffee. I do miss cheese a little bit but sure I'll get over that, and I'm not going to kill myself with guilt if I do have some. 


Otherwise on the food front I've been eating as clean as possible, roughly following paleo guidelines. I've been sticking pics up Instagram, you can follow me coco_oscarwells if you like!

I'd love to hear what you are all up to fitness and food wise so please feel free to share in the comments section below :) 



1 comment:

  1. Go you :) it all sounds really sensible and wise and long term will work.
    You'll be fit as a fiddle in no time :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!