Thursday, 29 May 2014

Image Skincare Clear Cell and Vital C

Image Skincare was new to me until Sharon of Sharons Urban Escape introduced me to it about a month ago when I booked in to get a facial done. I had a full consultation and Sharon recommended/prescribed a combination of the Clear Cell and Vital C range 

Their Clear Cell range is specifically designed for acne treatment:
 “Clear Cell fights acne, reduces inflammation, eliminates excess oil and purifies skin”.

From the Clear Cell range I have been using three products every 2nd day. 
The salicylic gel cleanser is applied to wet skin, it foams up, great at removing makeup and gives you a very clean feeling once washed off with a hot face cloth.

In the evenings I follow this with the medicated acne masque. I find this quiet harsh so have only been applying to areas where the acne is concentrated. It only needs to be left on for a minute and then rinsed off.

The medicated acne lotion has quiet a potent smell and to be honest I was a little surprised as to how harsh it felt on my skin. It stung for a couple of seconds but quickly settled.  

image from imageskincare.com

Alongside the clear cell range I have been using some products from the Vital C Range
 “A product line high in anti-oxidants for ultimate protection and nutrition.

The Vital C Hydrating Cleanser which I use every morning and evenings (when I am not using the salicylic cleanser), its a cream cleanser, smells amazing, and great at taking off makeup. I massage it in to the face then remove it with a hot face cloth.

On the evenings I’m not using the clear cell I use the Vital C Hydrating Enzyme Mask. Its quiet a thick formula but I can almost feel my skin drinking it. I put if on for a good 30 mins before rinsing off.

The Vital C Anti Ageing Hydrating Serum is really nice on the skin too and I’ve been applying it every other day morning and evening to freshly cleansed skin.

Moisturiser wise I have been using the Prevention + daily matte moisturiser with SPF 32. This has the most amazing smell and sinks right in to the skin.

images from imageskincare.com

I know you are probably thinking I spent a fortune on products here but I didn't (i’m not that loaded). I bought the travel size clear cell kit for €15 which contains the three clear cell products, and the vital c serum and enzyme mask. These five products are all sample size.
Sharon gave me a trial size of the moisturiser and I purchased a full size Vital C cleanser for €30 (it think!!)

Soooooo what you are all wondering at this stage is did they help my skin at all?? Well the answer is a big fat yes. I have seen a noticeable difference; breakouts have decreased to barely any and my face looks brighter. 

Long term I don’t think I will use the Clear Cell every second day as I feel I have the breakouts under control now, so twice per week for the medicated masque and lotion I feel would be plenty.

I am 100% going to purchase the full size Vital C Hydrating enzyme mask as I found it a very effective exfoliater and not at all harsh on the skin.  

Overall I am so impressed with Image Skincare and would defo recommend this combination if you are looking for some acne treatment or stick with the Vital C range on its own if you are looking to brighten and freshen up the skin.

Sharon is like a fountain of knowledge on Image so if you are in and around Newbridge pop in and have a chat with her. The Image facials she does are also amazing so why not treat yourself.





3 comments:

  1. Great post sounds like a really solid range!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you x it really is impressive, the smells are yummy too!!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely brilliant. Very helpful site indeed! When you have a sec, please click-over to peek at my blog and leave a comment or two... many thanks : ) http://www.isee-ato.com/?m=201403

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!!!